woensdag

Hephaistion: You once said the fear of death drives all men. Are there no other forces? Is there not love in your life, Alexander? What would you do if you ever reached the end of the world? I wonder sometimes, if it's not your mother you run from, so many years, so many miles between you, what is it you fear? 
Alexander: Who knows these things? When I was a child my mother thought me divine; my father, weak. Which am I, Hephaistion? Weak or divine? All I know is I trust only you in this world. I've missed you. I need you. It is you I love, Hephaistion. No other. 
Hephaistion: You still hold your head cocked like that. 
Alexander: [laughing] I have to stop that. 
Hephaistion: No, like a dear listening in the wind you strike me still, Alexander. You have eyes like no other. I sound as stupid as a school boy, but you're everything I care for. And by the sweet breath of Aphrodite I'm so jealous of losing you to this world you want so badly. 
Alexander: You'll never lose me, Hephaistion. I'll be with you always. 'Til the end. 





Hephaistion: [crying softly, he shows Alexander a ring] I found it in Egypt... the man who sold it to me said it came from a time when man worshiped sun, and stars. I'll always think of you as the sun, Alexander. And I pray your dream will shine on all men.
[puts the ring on Alexander's ring finger, then embraces him]
Hephaistion: I wish you a son. You're a great man. Many will love you, Alexander, but none so pure and deep...
Roxane: [Roxane enters]
Hephaistion: [Hephaistion exits guiltily]
Roxane: You... love him?
Alexander: He is Hephaistion. There are many different ways to love. 



uit: Alexander (2004)






het is goed zo. dagenlang als halfdode op bed liggen. films kijken, zoetigheden eten, niet naar school gaan. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten